Release of CodeScene 2.6
We’re proud to announce our 2.6 release of the CodeScene on-premise version!
CodeScene 2.6 comes with a new on- and off-boarding simulation, expanded Code Biomarkers, built-in video tutorials, and several usability improvements.
- On- and Off-Boarding Simulation: CodeScene comes with a simulation module that lets you explore the effects of a planned off-boarding while the developers are still aboard. This gives you the opportunity to identify off-boarding risks and areas of the code in need of a new main developer.
Expanded Code Biomarkers: The code biomarkers act like a virtual code reviewer that looks for patterns that might indicate problems. This version of CodeScene adds support for the following languages:
- Visual Basic .NET
Support a Diff in the Complexity Trend Graphs: CodeScene provides an automated diff between the sample points in a complexity trend. A diff is a useful investigative tool when you look to explain why a trend suddenly increased or dropped in complexity.
- Video Tutorials: At Empear, we use CodeSene ourselves every single day and we have started to capture that experience in a growing list of video tutorials.
Direct Support for Project/Scrum/Iteration’s Retrospectives: CodeScene analyses your team’s development activity over the last iteration to deliver data on how your development efforts, features and stories actually impacted your codebase. The retrospective feature has been around for a while, but was well hidden in previous versions. You can read more about the feature on our blog.
Virtual Code Review: Previously, CodeScene presented its virtual code review comments as part of the Code Biomarkers. In this new version you can request a virtual code review on any file.
X-Ray Support for C++ applications in Rational Software Architect models: This version supports an X-Ray of UML models built with RSARTE containing embedded C++ code, including complexity calculations.
- Provide visual clues in the X-Ray results so that high numbers stand out.
- Improve authentication error reporting when user is logging in.
- Introduce separate thresholds for architectural change coupling.
- Add a “View Code” button to the biomarkers overview.
- Extend “Delete Project” to optionally clean-out the results on disk and the Git repositories.
- Unify the measures for fractal figures and the coordination bottlenecks analysis.
- Clarify the comments line in the complexity trends visualization.
- Sign the released CodeScene executables.
- Allow empty exclusion filters on a project.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Get your license for CodeScene here.