Release of CodeScene 2.8
We’re proud to announce our 2.8 release of CodeScene on-premise!
CodeScene 2.8 introduces the concept of augmented analysis, which lets you add contextual information to the analysis data as intelligent notes. This is a new type of code analysis that provides a framework for managing technical debt. We have also improved and expanded the virtual code review to include social and temporal data.
Planned Refactoring Goal - A New Feature
- Augment Hotspots with Intelligent Notes: Specify contextual information and categorize the reported findings. CodeScene will use the information to supervise the evolution of the hotspot based on your prioritizes and goals. Read more about augmented analysis here and watch the video tutorial demonstrating the analysis in action.
- The Virtual Code Review contains Social and Temporal Data: Run a virtual code review on a hotspot and get access to team metrics, main developers, temporal coupling, cost trends, and more in a single view:
Expanded Code Biomarkers: The code biomarkers act like a virtual code reviewer that looks for patterns that might indicate problems. This version of CodeScene adds support for the Kotlin programming language. We have also added more biomarkers to catch common issues like constructor over-injection as well as trend indicators.
Auto-exclude ex-developers from the early warnings view: CodeScene can auto-detect potential ex-developers. You can then automatically mark them as former contributors to reflect the real knowledge loss.
Persist user authentication session across restarts: CodeScene now offers support for optional persistent sessions. This are mainly recommended for persistent views such as a monitor view that is auto-updated.
Aggregated churn metrics: The previous churn measures were too detailed on large projects, which made it hard to spot long-term trends. The new view aggregates the metrics as weekly trends instead:
- Ensure the error details aren’t excluded in the message presented to the user. This was due to a JVM optimization.
- Improve description in UI for “Specify Paths” and “Scan Directory” when creating a new project.
- Instructions and configuration files for installing CodeScene on Kubernetes available here.
- Add number of commits per branch to the feature branch analysis.
- Detect BDD frameworks in the TypeScript X-Ray analysis.
- Allow remote Git URLs with scp-like syntax.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Get your license for CodeScene here.