CodeScene 3.0: Behavioral Code Analysis Reborn
We’re proud to announce a new major release of CodeScene, version 3.0!
CodeScene 3.0 is a complete re-design in order to make the analysis data easily actionable, fit into your existing workflows, and to adapt the analysis information to different stakeholders.
The main features include auto-generated PDF reports that you can subscribe to, a new Code Health score for your hotspots, architectural-level metrics that let you analyse whole software architectures including microservices, and quality gates for CI/CD build pipelines.
Goal Oriented Workflow for Technical Debt: Goals are specified using CodeScene’s Intelligent Notes, which is a concept that makes technical debt both transparent, contextual, and – most important – actionable. CodeScene present the status of your goals on the analysis dashboard and integrates them into the feedback loops provided by other 3.0 features such as the auto-generated reports and CI/CD quality gates.
Inter-Product Dashboards: CodeScene 3.0 introduces an inter-project dashboard that gives you a high-level overview of all your products. The key metrics on the dashboard, in particular the progress on the goals, point you to the products/codebases/projects in need of attention and actions.
- New Analysis Dashboard with the main KPIs: The analysis results dashboard is re-designed to present the most interesting high-level findings. All elements are interactive, so click on a result to reveal the details.
- Auto-Generated PDF Reports: CodeScene 3.0 introduces three separate PDF reports for managers, architects, and technical leaders. Using those reports, each stakeholder gets the most important information delivered without having to sign into CodeScene.
- Quality Gates for CI/CD Build Pipelines: Supervise your goals using Quality Gates to ensure that they stay on track, and that no unexpected technical debt is taken on.
- System Health Dashboad for Real Time Monitoring: In large systems, the primary unit of measure is the architectural level like sub-systems, components, or microservices. With CodeScene 3.0, you get a dashboard that shows you the most important development KPIs per architectural component.
- Full Support for Perl 5: CodeScene now included Code Health scores, code biomarkers, and X-Ray for Perl.
- New introductory tutorial for Behavioral Code Analysis that ensures you get the most out of CodeScene.
- Detect complex code with ownership issues.
- Risk prediction per architectural component.
- Let the admin configure a text on the login screen.
- Add the analysis project owner to the project activity monitor.
- Introduce configurable constraints for repository and analysis result path roots, and have CodeScene auto-generate result paths.
- Bugfix for C++ local using directives in the X-Ray analysis.
- Minor bug fixes and improvements.
Get your license for CodeScene here.